Situated near PVD Pouncer, this is the ideal stop to refuel after strenuous juniper infused activities, heavy duty loading and unloading or to have the first decent meal of the week. With a dash of Portuguese, East Side Creamery is an oddball on the East Side - like a geek at a rave.
A favourite or two or three of mine is the hot weiner. All the way of course. You cannot go wrong for the price. Unlike other monstrosities, after putting a wiener away I don't feel as if I have been sodomised by my own army and overthrown into a pit of self loathing. The second favourite is the bifana sandwhich. Well nice. The bread, I am told is Portuguese bread, and is as soft as the European Court of Human Rights. The grilled chicken is marinated in something so good that made me get another one. Third is the Portuguese steak marinated in a garlic sauce that would give Dracula more than a touch of heartburn. I am told that the ice cream is good there too. The verdict is still out pending the recovery of my sweet tooth.
| Robbing a Portuguese steak |
One of the best things about East Side Creamery is the ridiculous price structure. I feel like I am robbing the place every time I go there. Even Ross McEwan could just about stretch his salary sans bonus for a quick bite to eat. Also, Dodd has perfected the art of wearing white V-neck shirts. The smallest detail goes a long way. On the other hand, the wife has got to be the most miserable person I have had the pleasure of meeting. She always seems irritated to take my cash. Come on, Paula. It could be worse. You could be playing Russian roulette with Ed Snowden and Mohamed Morsi in Oscar Pistorius' bathroom to see who wants to step out first.
The Ho Down says: Pounce on the Creamery!
No comments:
Post a Comment