Bizarre. The best word to describe this bizarrity. Another stop on the Bastien farewell tour of all things American.
Walking into this place is like walking into the scene in Men in Black when Agent K blows Jeeb's head off in the pawn shop and a new head sprouts back. It is similar. I kid you not. The decour is outdated, there is a pinball machine that has seen more balls bouncing around than Cathy Barry and there is an arcade machine whose processing power is probably on the same level as a calculator. The staff are probably aliens from outer space too.
The Ho Down: "So what is the difference between a hot weiner and a hot dog?"
Alien 1: "$2.79".
How can you reply to that?
On to the nosh. Where do I start? I have no idea. What is a hot weiner? I still don't really know. According to Alien 2 behind the counter with a couple of missing teeth, a hot weiner is made of 'higher quality' meat. The meat being pork and beef (I think) so definitely not kosher and you won't find this being served at a Hindu wedding. The other ingredients are onions with celery salt and some sort of chilli (minced beef/chilli con carne thing for you civilised English people). And of course, a bun. This is all served completely bareback with love. In other words, the guy stacks a load of weiners on his arm (uncovered) and dresses them faster than you can dial the health authorities. I will leave the taste to your imagination but I am sure hot weiners would taste great after a night out on the lash. Try and wash all that down with a coffee milk. Really cold sweet liquid of some sort. A pancreas killer.
The Ho Down verdict says, bareback is always better.
No comments:
Post a Comment