Mak Mak is certainly a landmark in The Landmark. This Thai restaurant is a hidden turd that should should be left alone. To be fair, the green curry was alright but it wasn't alright at nearly $200.
Having read The Dim Sum Diaries' account of Mak Mak, I had to replace my computer screen as I felt the urge to punch the pixels on which the review was written. I'm sorry Wilko. Your head's gone. If I served you a deep fried turd on a skewer then started a fish ball riot in your $20,000 a month Mid Levels apartment you would probably still give me three roast pork buns out of five.
Wilko, if you were fooled into thinking that you walked into a Thai grocery shopkeeper's home store after picking up a Louis Vuitton toothbrush case from the commercial unit next door you are more gullible than the Arsenal back four.
 |
Red roast duck curry. The duck is somewhere in there.
Where's Wally? |
I have no idea about the nuances of Thai cuisine except that eating Thai food is meant to be like a tantric gastro-shag at Bangkok prices. The dishes were alright. They were no better than a Tesco's Taste The Difference microwave Thai meal. The portions, however, were pitiful with a couple of token bits of meat in the curry. The Phad Thai had us scrambling for it like ravenous buffoons but then then left us embarrassed as we reflected on looking like Neanderthals scrapping for a couple of scrambled egg noodles. Don't even get me started on the bowl of boiled rice for $30, which we had to ration like Mark Watney on Mars. Definitely don't get me started on the service. The waiting staff provided worse service than Dimitri Payet as I am sure they tried their hardest to be pony. Asking for some table water was a chore. Was the water boy collecting the condensation from the humidity in the atmosphere because it took an age to arrive. When it did arrive, it tasted like the filtrate from Victoria Harbour. Fortunately, I don't have many pictures of the meal. The only positive from the meal was getting an ice cream from The Little Corner in TST. Check it.
The HoDown says: Mak Mak - so bad they named it twice.
No comments:
Post a Comment